Hello!

Hello, my name is Maya Kusuki Chastain and I am a graduating senior in Visual Communication Design. I enjoy being with friends and family, eating yummy foods, hiking/ being active, and playing with my dog named Cous Cous. I am inspired by compassion and the strong, hardworking, and giving people in my life. Mahatma Gandhi said, “Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever.” This quote inspires me because it speaks of living for the moment while having an open mind to continuously learn and grow. I feel that this is very important to be able to live in gratitude and thankfulness for the moment while being open to the endless possibilities of the world. I am influenced by clean design, design that makes an impact, and by my view of the world as a biracial and bicultural person.

My hope in my lifetime is to lead a fulfilling life of happiness, love, and growth and to make a positive impact on my surroundings. Once I complete 505, I want to be able to work at a studio or a place that will give me the opportunity to continuously develop my skills and push me both professionally and personally. I want to start building my own personal projects that I will do on the side as well. Ideally, in the future, I will be a creative director or possibly the head of a startup where I will be able to oversee the creative growth of projects. I want to make a difference to the community we live in through design.

Six keywords that best describe me:

- Empathetic

- Easy going
- Optimistic
- Thoughtful
- Kind
- Creative

Six images that best describe me:









Comments

  1. Maya, Thank you for posting your 505 Journal Blog.

    Welcome to DES 505 Summer Session!

    Please list your initial 505 Project Topic and Problem/Idea Concept you are seeking to address to your Journal Blog post.

    Cheers,

    Prof. Gomes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the personality you have on your blog! Your keywords clearly shine through your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that quote from Ghandi. It's a great representation for the process we've taken the last few years on our paths to college graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maya!! I really loved how you offer a unique perspective to the world because of your biracial heritage. I am excited to see you wow me again in this class!

    P.S. Bring Cous Cous to class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maya,

    Be sure to update your Journal Blog on a Weekly basis. As of date you should be posting Assign#1: Commenting on Six (6) 505 Peer Journal Blogs: Assign#2: List the Three (3) Existing 505 Projects you reviewed; Assign#3: List the Three (3) Proposed 505 Project Topics you created Problem/Purpose Statements;

    Thanks for Posting your Your Design Thinking Class Activity with Janna!

    Cheers,

    Prof. Gomes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute dog reminds me of my uncles old jack russell named Charlie Rip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment